Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to get rid of house flies?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not much to worry about here except rattle snakes.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Super Moderator
    We have yellow jackets, ground hornets, wasps, carpenter bees, honey bees, rattle snakes, blue runners, copperheads, rat snakes, water snakes, moccasins, house flies, horse flies, mosquitoes, and every other kind of pest you can think of. It's miserable.

Do you have to give your dogs heartworm meds there?
    The will of God will not take you where the GRACE of God cannot keep you.

Sandy, K.O.I., KHA

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I do give heart worm meds.
    We have ticks and alligators.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ticks and gators are here too.
    ''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Super Moderator
    Yep, I forgot about them!

Well, so much for hanging the bag in the barn. Bug played with it until he pulled it down not long after he got back in the barn.
    The will of God will not take you where the GRACE of God cannot keep you.

Sandy, K.O.I., KHA

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My gators are lizards and I love those little guys.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My gators are lizards and I love those little guys.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah, the flies at my farm house is terrible. There are quite a few dairies and cattle feedyards nearby that attract the flies. I have even seen black flies the size of a dime!! Ugh... At one point in the year, the entire south and eastern wall of my house was covered black in flies.

Now, whenever the wind is low in the evenings, I fog my walls and porch with...

Country Vet - Farm & Dairy CV-80D (http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pro...ockdown-185-oz)

Only problem is that the spray can is a weak solution and leaves very little to zero residual. So, I spray every couple days if wind permits... It is only 0.50% Pyrethrins.

Just 2 days ago I was given a different product that has a better residual. Supposedly, the residual will stick to and slightly absorb into the outside walls. I haven't tried it yet cause the wind in the evenings have been blowing every day here...

It is called...

Martin's Permethrin SFR Termiticide/Insecticide

https://www.amazon.com/36-8-Permethr.../dp/B003IMO3I2

This stuff is 36.8% Permethrin ... so... Hopefully will do some good against the spiders, wasps, and carpenter bees as well...

When ya have hundreds of flies, ya have spiders and I got alot of spiders. Have to knock the webbs down every morning and evening. Huge spiders. And they only seem to kill 10 flies each day, LOL!! I am going to need about 100 more spiders at that kill rate.

I tried fly traps and I think they attract more flies than kill... These traps will fill up like crazy with flies... and... it... smells... horrific when time to dump the traps. I have to put the traps into a ziplock bag cause the flies stinking so bad...

I tried one of those 1 gallon liquid fly traps.... the canister is like one ya would use to make sun tea, but with a special lid on top to prevent the flies from leaving the canister... After a week, the liquid becomes about 10 inches deep with flies and maggots and sorts of nasty.

If the wind was out of the right direction, ya could smell the traps... So, I think these traps attract more flies than kill. hehe :)

I am hoping the Permethrin liquid residual spray on the walls will be of more help and without the terrible smells.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I will definitely try this paper bag trick at my doorways as well.

Very interesting idea.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When choosing insecticides to get rid of flies, you take advantage to killing flies chemicals containing permethrin and tetramethrin. Do not use those containing chemicals that are toxic and dangerous to humans and pets, like phosphorus and chlorine. House flies don't live in places with unfavorable conditions, so read this article about their behavior. There are also a lot of tips on how to get rid of those insects.