Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to add bio filtration to my CombiBio 50 system

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
    I'm running 250L of K1 in my CBB50. The collector box is necessary to keep water in the MBBR. Because the outlets of the CBB are at the bottom, without a collector box it would always be empty. Remember the filter is above pond level.

Attachment 21109

Thanks for thinking about he. I just went back and found an old video I made before I shipped off a shower filter that is exactly what you need. This application was very similar to yours in that a Pump Fed KC-30 RDF was used as the mechanical filtration, and we needed to solve the same water level issue. So I designed a Zakki Shower that would go after the RDF and be gravity fed on both sides. The clean water from the RDF would build up inside the shower inlet reservoir until it was high enough to spill over the distribution manifold spillway. This filter was actually used in the reverse situation because the water from the RDF went into the shower filter, and then went into an existing moving bed filter that gravity fed the water back to the pond. However in your situation having the RDF > Moving Bed > Zakki Shower is just fine as well...
    Deepwater Koi

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Penn View Post
    Thanks for thinking about he. I just went back and found an old video I made before I shipped off a shower filter that is exactly what you need. This application was very similar to yours in that a Pump Fed KC-30 RDF was used as the mechanical filtration, and we needed to solve the same water level issue. So I designed a Zakki Shower that would go after the RDF and be gravity fed on both sides. The clean water from the RDF would build up inside the shower inlet reservoir until it was high enough to spill over the distribution manifold spillway. This filter was actually used in the reverse situation because the water from the RDF went into the shower filter, and then went into an existing moving bed filter that gravity fed the water back to the pond. However in your situation having the RDF > Moving Bed > Zakki Shower is just fine as well...
    Thanks Zac! I think this might work for me. I'll get some exact dims for you and see if we can make it feasible. With my water level only about 24" above the deck level (30" above water level) There isn't enough height for very much drop.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To make things easier if you could e-mail me a picture with dimensions that would be great. If you could take a couple steps back from your original picture so I can see how much room you have to the right of the standpipe box that would be helpful. Instead of having all of those 4" 90's I would suggest we put the return pipes on the side of the filter box so we can use that real estate for the filter instead of elbows. I will need to know the OC spacing of your outlet pipes on the Combi filter so I can make my inlets at the same spacing. I will also need to know the OC height of those pipes in relation to the decking that my filter will sit on. Next I need to know your water level on the clean side of the RDF in relation to the decking that my filter will stick on. After that I think I am good to go to start the specifics of the shower.
    Deepwater Koi