Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can an ESBB 10500 be modified for reduced flow?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Always run energy calculations and get monthly cost estimates before purchasing equipment. I can see where someone in CA could make a case for this pump. I am also an engineer (recently retired) and worked with maintenance and reliability issues and studies for a large multinational corporation. All failures, repairs and retrofits were logged in a maintenance database application and the data used for analysis. Adding a speed controller to a motor is an additional failure point and data showed it.

I would need more info to make a pump recomendation. If the FF was less expensive I would buy one. They look like excellent pumps.

As for published performance charts, unless an independent lab does the testing and independently does the publication all are suspect.
    Last edited by BWCREEK; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:34 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWCREEK View Post
    As for published performance charts, unless an independent lab does the testing and independently does the publication all are suspect.
    Perhaps, but without a test standard call out it is almost impossible to hold their feet to the fire (much tougher to take make a case in court). A manufacture that calls out a test standard, and does not meet it, is easily held liable for not meeting the published performance. A manufacture that does not call out a test standard is not easily held liable since test equipment and setups can yield different results.
    Last edited by Douwe; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:21 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So I got a little curious since it has been a while since I did my cost analysis so I decided to compare the FF to a Wlim Wave II and an Evolution ESS 7800. Although not direct comparisons, since flow rates and heads are slightly different and I chose easy read point off the FF chart, the comparison is close enough to see the significant power savings the FF offers.

Brand------------Flow(gph)--------------Head(ft)--------------Power consumption (watts)

FF---------------------7925----------------4.9---------------------225
    Wlim Wave II---------7140----------------4.0---------------------406
    Evo ESS 7800--------7800----------------5.0---------------------528

I am capable of making mistakes so you should double check for yourself.
    Last edited by Douwe; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:39 AM.