Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extra lilies for sale

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The tropicals like to be at 1 1/2 to 2 foot deep, the hardies will do good at that level, but are ok deeper. Keep in mind, the deeper they are, the longer they take to come up. They will also be slower if they need fertilizer. You can put their pots on cinder blocks to raise them up. You can also try keeping them closer to the shore till they begin to sprout pads, then put deeper. I understand the reluctance to give the birds a place to hunt. My dogs know the command "get the bird". But if you only have deep water, they won't produce as well.
    ''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    LouAnn
    I received your package today. Wow very nice lilies I had everything ready so I jumped on getting them in. They are planted and look great. I'm excited to see them in a few days.
    Thanks for the fast delivery and great looking plants. There was a smaller one do you remember the name of it?
    Thanks
    Dave

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry, I don't. I believe it was a tropical, I will tell you for sure when it blooms. Could be Mary Patricia. I am glad they arrived safely, always a good thing!

- John Wayne

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks for the beautiful waterlily plants LouAnn! And for being so generous! They're all tucked in. Many Thanks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Photobucket
    I went out to check on our lilies, had some beautifully blooming plants, WELL mrs deer decided she likes the leaves. Four of my plants have been yanked out of their pots, all leaves eaten, now floating on the surface....................geez!
    Chris Goldfish & Shubunkin ponds
    Pond is still in progress, 85 foot stream, one large pond, multiple small ones, multiple waterfalls, one large bog garden / filter

Live every day as if it is your last, enjoy it to the fullest, because one day it will sure will

http://www.thepondforum.com/showthre...ld-in-progress

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyMam View Post
    Thanks for the beautiful waterlily plants LouAnn! And for being so generous! They're all tucked in. Many Thanks!
    You are welcome. I hope we can do it again!

- John Wayne

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by addy1 View Post
    I went out to check on our lilies, had some beautifully blooming plants, WELL mrs deer decided she likes the leaves. Four of my plants have been yanked out of their pots, all leaves eaten, now floating on the surface....................geez!
    So sorry. I know how you feel. I had planted a neglected area with beautiful sunshine ajuga, it was coming very well. A few days ago, it was all GONE! Yesterday I saw the culprit, a FAT rabbit. Better not let me catch him. I am trying deodorant soap, am hoping for some relief.

My first pond, was not too deep, I went out and had a deer in it. 😤 That was a mess. Right after that, I fenced the yard, but needless to say all the plants were eaten then.
    Last edited by Lilylady; 07-12-2017 at 10:16 AM.

- John Wayne

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry to hear about the damage addy1. I hope you can reclaim the lily plants and get them going again. My biggest problem here lately is the raccoons. I had tried to start some vips in a bucket and they seemed to think I had made them a racoon
    spa. . . had the bucket up off the ground on a garden bench and they still got in it and made a mess. Replanted what I could find (I think they ate some of the vips). Hope you can find a solution to discourage the deer from helping them selves to your waterlilies. I'm trying hot pepper around my buckets. Keeps the squirrels out of my bird feeders. Good luck on finding something that works for your problem.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You can go to the dollar store and get some cheap deodorant soap cut into slices and scatter around. See if that helps you both. I fight herons, rabbits and coons.
    Lazy dogs help sometimes.

- John Wayne

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilylady View Post
    You can go to the dollar store and get some cheap deodorant soap cut into slices and scatter around. See if that helps you both. I fight herons, rabbits and coons.
    Lazy dogs help sometimes.
    I'm going to try that, who knows, I may actually get a fig from my tree this year if it works! The raccoons strip all the fruit off my fig and pear trees in one night when the fruit gets close to being ripe. Very discouraging. Do you have a particular scent or type of deodorant soap that is more effective than the others? I'm going to "town" tomorrow and will go by a Dollar tree on the way home. Thanks for the info!