Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No signs

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh I beg your forgiveness o'great ponder. I was unaware that us lowly "aquascape ponders" are not worthy of your help. Hey, just trying to get advise on fish health. If you were a little less pretentious maybe "aquascape ponder and water gardeners could get more experience with keeping fish alive. I thought that was the whole point of having a forum.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wow! I did try to help you just won't accept what I am telling you. Good fish health requires a proper environment. You sound like a smoker that goes to the doctor complaining about a cough. The doctor tells them to stop smoking and the patient says nonsense just give me the medicine that will make my cough go away.

The whole point of the forum is to offer help to those that are willing to listen not to those that want to argue.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You started it all by putting down the type of pond I have. I still have other fish to take care of. I'm not going to install a "Real pond" any time soon, so I need advise on the problem at hand. You seem to want to brag about you superior knowledge rather than share it. I will waste no more time with this dead end conversation. I will be checking another recommended site. Hopefully one that doesn't share your narrow views.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I did not put down your pond and you fail to recognize that I am giving you realistic expectations. If you want an Aquascape pond just expect to have fish die offs on occasion, simple as that. You are trying to polish a turd and Aquascape ponds are turds for keeping fish (now that is a put down ). Good idea keep shopping until you get the answer you want.

BTW, as soon as you revealed you don't have a water test kit you were a lost cause.
    Last edited by Douwe; 08-04-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    DPRose , if You do come back , and I hope You do , start over , and maybe We can help.
    There are so many things that could go wrong , and it's hard to diagnose without more info .
    It could be something wrong with the pond itself, or it could be something transferred from fish to fish.
    Clear water does not mean a healthy pond. Mixing new fish can cause problems too.
    Say You have 2 different groups of healthy fish , each is healthy in its own environment . Now You mix any of the two groups together , and one of the groups brings in something that the other group is not immune to, now the other group has to build up an immunity , and sometimes they die before we can help them.
    Come back , let's try and help
    I'm so paranoid, My QT has a QT

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ON GOLDEY POND View Post
    DPRose , if You do come back , and I hope You do , start over , and maybe We can help.
    There are so many things that could go wrong , and it's hard to diagnose without more info .
    It could be something wrong with the pond itself, or it could be something transferred from fish to fish.
    Clear water does not mean a healthy pond. Mixing new fish can cause problems too.
    Say You have 2 different groups of healthy fish , each is healthy in its own environment . Now You mix any of the two groups together , and one of the groups brings in something that the other group is not immune to, now the other group has to build up an immunity , and sometimes they die before we can help them.
    Come back , let's try and help
    I seriously doubt he will be back. As he was under the impression that his fish were going to die in an aqua scape system.
    I personally know of two people with this system and lots of koi. I have known them both for over 10 years. They do not have health issues with their koi. I guess I better let them know. There koi are going to die.

BTW, as soon as you revealed you don't have a water test kit you were a lost cause.

Not a good thing to post as most ponders do not have test kits but still love there koi.
    Last edited by koidude; 08-06-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nice to see there are some willing to offer better advice for the OP. I wish all well.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Super Moderator
    I'm sorry I haven't been around. Lots of things going on.

Can we please not be negative? Although Aquascape ponds are not the best, we can try to guide the OP's to lower their fish loads and do more maintenance. Not many people are going to run out and build a new pond because what they haven't isn't ideal.
    The will of God will not take you where the GRACE of God cannot keep you.

Sandy, K.O.I., KHA