Thread: Sick fish

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sick fish

Hello all and thanks in advance. I live in NY and all my fish are dormant as they should be except for one that is actively swimming. She may have a swim bladder issue and if she stops swimming she will turn vertical(head up, tail down). Do you think there is anything I can do? Most of the ice has disapated and i could likely catch her. Thanks, Alex.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is there a chance you could set up a tank indoors with your pond water so it could slowly come up in temperature to keep from shocking the koi and you should be able to make a better assessment, have to apologize am way down south and have no experience with those kinda temps maybe someone that's closer to you could chime in with advice, but at this point I do recommend if possible bringing that koi indoors so you could treat anything that's going on.
    At some point common sense must prevail.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi and thanks for the suggestion. I had a similar thought but didn't have a tank big enough to hold her. It was cold last night and the pond ice returned. I can see her still swimming under the ice. Guess i can only hope for the best.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hello. My fish is still alive and now floats lower in the water but her head has some damaged skin from the exposure to the air. It's ugly and i hope is not hurting her too badly. Is there anything i can put on her to keep infection out? As the water has warmed she seems to be a bit better, hopefully as the weather continues to improve , so will she. Thank you

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Please don't take the wrong way but these are the results of post no. 3 you can't expect positive results in this situation my original suggestion still stands.
    At some point common sense must prevail.