Thread: Brand new to ponds and need a lot of help.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brand new to ponds and need a lot of help.

Iím wanting to make a pond that is irregular shape and need help on everything. How big should I make? How deep should I make it? what size pond liner do I need? Can I use blankets as pond underliner? What kind of filter? And what I should stock it with. I know Iím asking a lot of questions but Iím really excited and also I canít make it to big. Thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarkBuster View Post
    I’m wanting to make a pond that is irregular shape and need help on everything. How big should I make? How deep should I make it? what size pond liner do I need? Can I use blankets as pond underliner? What kind of filter? And what I should stock it with. I know I’m asking a lot of questions but I’m really excited and also I can’t make it to big. Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, how big depends on your available space, there are various types of filtration out there your budget will be your most important factor since it will determine how big of a system you could set up, pictures of your available space from different angles will help with suggestions once again welcome to the forum.
    At some point common sense must prevail.