Thread: Hi all! Pond newbie but not a fish newbie

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi all! Pond newbie but not a fish newbie

Hello everyone! I bought a house and it came with a pond! Hardiness zone 6b so cold winters and hot summers, and I'm looking to make this pond habitable year round for fish. This is my first ponding venture, but as the title says I am not a fish newbie. I've kept numerous freshwater aquariums over the years and I currently have a 55g reef tank that's my main money pit. :P

So some pond details! The pond is about 18 inches deep, 8 feet long, and 5 feet wide. Liner seems to be quite good as it doesnt leak as far as I can tell. I've had the house for about a year now and its never gotten more than a few inches low. Entire pond is in shade all through the summer, but I am going to be trimming out some of those branches because OMG LEAVES. I'll be making a filtration post soon lol. This is going to be my project for the summer though so I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can around here! :D

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Welcome to the forum have to warn you it has been pretty quiet around here for a while if you can post some pictures some might comment but welcome.
    At some point common sense must prevail.