Thread: Hello all

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello all

Hi My name is Carol and I bred Koi in Florida for many years. Now I'm back home in Ontario and only have a 300 gallon pond plus a 100 gallon and a 50 gallon stock tank that I will be using for fry (hopefully.)
    I am collecting a few good Wakin and Watonai with the idea of making these breeds more available. I have a calico Wakin that I stumbled on by chance at my LFS. He had been brought in from a local pond and I doubt they knew what he was....I was thrilled!
    I also have a very nice red and white female Wakin that I got from ''The Fish Sempai'', Andrew has lovely fish! Then a red and black male completes the trio.
    This weekend I hope to pick up a male and female Watonai and another female Wakin from ''Koi nursery & Water Gardens'' in Seagrave. Laura has some great fish too.
    Hope no one minds the plugs I'm giving, I feel we should let others know when we find good sources for our fish.
    If there are other Wakin and Watonai breeders out there, would love to hear from you about your breeding efforts and any advise. Calico Wakin are hard to get so that is going to be my focus.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Welcome to the forum Wakinlady I have a friend here in Orlando that's all he breeds and he gets nice results pm me your email so I can forward it to him once again welcome to the forum.
    At some point common sense must prevail.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi sshultz, thanks for the welcome. I used to live in Cape Coral Florida when I raised Koi. It would be great to talk to someone who breeds these Wakin and Watonai goldfish, maybe I can pick up some tips.
    Have a line on some really nice breeding stock not too far from where I live. So adding them to the good looking female I have will be a nice start.
    My email is ...caz_art@i-zoom.net
    Thanks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have asked my friend to get in touch with you but please be patient since his schedule is somewhat different than mine.
    At some point common sense must prevail.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks, look forward to hearing from a fellow Wakin/Watonai enthusiast.