Thread: Hello from South Carolina

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello from South Carolina

Hi everyone,

My pond is about 8 years old. I have way too many fish and frogs.
    It has been a lot of work and a lot of fun figuring out how everything works and I am not there yet, but getting closer.

20180429_112829.jpg

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Very nice, welcome to the forum could you elaborate on the fish tank over the pond am curious, thanks in advance.
    At some point common sense must prevail.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah. I saw it on facebook and had to try. I laugh because for 8 years I have been struggling to make the pond look as natural as possible, and I then stick an aquarium in the middle. But I do like it. The fish seem to, also.
    It's just an aquarium, 10 gallon maybe, I can't remember. I got a cheap wire shelf unit from Walmart and rigged it to sit just below the waterline. Use a shop vac to suck out the air. It stays as long as the water level does not drop below the edge. My grandkids love it. Especially now that my water is so dirty you can hardly see the fish in the pond. I'm working on trying to clear it up now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You know what, the enjoyment of what is working for you is what we call perfect. Water clarity issues and things like that we can help with but at this time I want to welcome you once again to the pond forum and I invite you to start a thread in the correct area so you can share with us your system and in the event any questions would come up they would be addressed.
    At some point common sense must prevail.