Thread: Frustration

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Frustration

I am trying to set up a skimmer filter on my pond. There are lots of trees and bushes. I have a build up of muck on the bottom that is making the water dirty (that's another issue I am working on). I feel that if I can get a skimmer up and running before fall that at least it will help with future build up.
    So, the Tetra pumps that I have now (that I love) won't work with a skimmer because there is no inlet hookup. The first pump I bought was listed as inline, but there was no inline hookup. So I sent it back and got another that did. This one works fine, except there is not enough power to work the skimmer. It worked for a day or 2 but after that I couldn't get any flow thru the filter. The pump is running in the pond fine now without the skimmer attached. So I ordered an Hailea T5000. I really think this one will work - only one problem. It comes with an outlet adapter, but no spare for the inlet. I went to Lowes - they don't have it and the guy in the plumbing department said they didn't have anything that would work (Not sure if I believe that, but what do I know).

I looked online and can not find the kind of adapter that I need.

I sent a message to the seller - hoping that he will be able to sell me one, but I have to wait to hear from him.

So frustrating. WHY is this so hard. All I need is 1.5" MPT female thread to a barbed hose.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My guess is you will have to make one I have never seen a 1.5 mpt to a barbed end of the same size, there might be a little confusion on your part since mpt means male pipe thread.
    At some point common sense must prevail.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks. I got that from the description of the pump - I guess that was the thread it connects to. I'll change my search.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I stopped by my local hardware store on the way home yesterday. They were not able to help either - and they have more than once helped me rig something to make connections that aren't supposed to work.
    I went to a pool supply but it's a small place and they didn't really have that type of thing.
    I did get in touch with the guy I bought the pump from. He wants pics and said he could probably help me. So it looks like I will get what I need, just more waiting.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You could probably make your own version with a male adapter to slip in the needed size and just adding a small piece of pvc pipe maybe it's an idea worth looking at.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The first pump I bought was listed as inline, but there was no inline hookup. So I sent it back and got another that did. https://www.bcspos.com/about-us This one works fine, except there is not enough power to work the skimmer. It worked for a day or 2 but after that I couldn't get any flow thru the filter.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good morning, am a bit confused as to why it would stop the skimmer from working, could you post some pictures of your set up, thanks in advance.