Thread: Crack waterproofing

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Crack waterproofing

Hi,

There was a crack on the foundation walls in my basement a few months ago. I had filled the crack on my own using silicone fillers. And I had thought the problem was solved. But lately, I have noticed that the cracks have appeared again. I think the water needs to be addressed on the exterior side of the wall.
    I was thinking what could be done about this and that is when my colleague told me that I could hire crack waterproofing professionals for this. It has to be determined if this is the only spot that is letting the water into the basement, if not, that needs to taken care of as well.

I want to fix this soon before it turns into a larger problem. So I need to know more about crack waterproofing. And does anyone know a service provder who can get this done? I am not willing to spend too much on this. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes the water on the outside needs addressed. There are interior plastic channel solutions but they are only bandaids. They can also inject but thats also only a short term fix. Make sure all roof downspouts are routed away from the house several feet. Often contractors hook the downspouts to the basement perimeter drain to save costs. When it rains water is directly routed to and around the basement walls. If this is the case unhook and run out into the yard.