Thread: Polyurethene faux stone panels

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Polyurethene faux stone panels

Hi there! Long long time for me on the forum. Hope all my old buddies are doing well. =D

Anybody out there have experience with High Density Polyurethene faux stone panels around and/or in the pond? Not sure if they're fish safe.
    Annaliese

My Fish ... My Winter Cover ... My Pond ... 6,000 gllns (salt calc), Ultima II 4000, Ultima II 6000, 2 Aerated K1 MBs, Two Multi-Cyclone MC50s, 15" Retro BD on ES5500, no-niche skimmer & mid-water pickup on ES5500, Two 500 cu in leaf traps, 4' Max Depth, shelf at 2' & set of steps (slippery!), no plants, Two 40 watt Smart UV Lite Sterilizers, 12 koi ranging from 12 to 26 inches http://www.youtube.com/user/KoiPondPeppy/videos

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Peppy I would contact the manufacturer of the specific ones you are looking at and post the question there are a couple of brands in the market and since the fabrication process could vary from on to another, once you pinpoint what brand you want to go with that would be more of an aid for an answer, have to give you a heads up its been pretty quiet around here. But it was nice to hear from you.
    At some point common sense must prevail.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sschult View Post
    Peppy I would contact the manufacturer of the specific ones you are looking at and post the question there are a couple of brands in the market and since the fabrication process could vary from on to another, once you pinpoint what brand you want to go with that would be more of an aid for an answer, have to give you a heads up its been pretty quiet around here. But it was nice to hear from you.
    Thanks, sschult, for the quick reply and very nice to hear from you and that you remember me. =D

I was hoping somebody had already tried the panels. I'm looking at Superior Building Supply and they're polyurethene.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Superior...-SIB/301441871

Pretty quiet here? Where is everybody?
    Annaliese

My Fish ... My Winter Cover ... My Pond ... 6,000 gllns (salt calc), Ultima II 4000, Ultima II 6000, 2 Aerated K1 MBs, Two Multi-Cyclone MC50s, 15" Retro BD on ES5500, no-niche skimmer & mid-water pickup on ES5500, Two 500 cu in leaf traps, 4' Max Depth, shelf at 2' & set of steps (slippery!), no plants, Two 40 watt Smart UV Lite Sterilizers, 12 koi ranging from 12 to 26 inches http://www.youtube.com/user/KoiPondPeppy/videos

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For anybody who's interested, here's the reply I got back from fauxpanels.com:

We do not recommend using our panels around fish as the paint on the panels is not safe for them.
    Annaliese

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank you just think about it’s. Just stop right on time.