Thread: Photos of my 16x12x4 foot (4784 gallon) raised pond with waterfall.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Photos of my 16x12x4 foot (4784 gallon) raised pond with waterfall.

Even though the weather is looking rather gloomy today, I thought I would take a couple of quick photos to show you all my pond.
    It is raised 4 feet from the ground and is 16 feet wide and 12 feet long, and if my calculations are correct, holds 4784 gallons of water. To build the main pond we used railway sleepers to support the weight of the water with boulders and plants surrounding either side for decoration, with a smaller pond above filled with watercress flowing down a 9 foot waterfall into it. Around the inside of the pond we placed guttering which holds numerous oxygenating plants as well as having plants in the water. As well as the waterfall we are using a PondXpert SpinClean 20000 filter with UV.
    As we are fostering a child, we had to have a safety net fitted, although this has also done a great job of keeping away predators from the fish.
    As for fish, there are around 8 koi ranging from 2-14 inches, 10 gold fish varying from 1-8 inches, 4 rudd, a shoal of small minnows, and a few stickleback.
    I am not the best photographer and I really did not do the pond any justice but really wanted to share it.
    Now, enough talking, here are the photos of the pond;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (196.6 KB, 46 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (196.1 KB, 41 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (189.1 KB, 39 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (191.8 KB, 40 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (201.0 KB, 40 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (146.0 KB, 40 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (141.0 KB, 41 views)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Beautiful! I understand it's quiet on the forum. Have no idea why. A shame because in the past you would have been inundated with many compliments. That is definitely a WOW piece of work you've done there. Congratulations.
    Annaliese

My Fish ... My Winter Cover ... My Pond ... 6,000 gllns (salt calc), Ultima II 4000, Ultima II 6000, 2 Aerated K1 MBs, Two Multi-Cyclone MC50s, 15" Retro BD on ES5500, no-niche skimmer & mid-water pickup on ES5500, Two 500 cu in leaf traps, 4' Max Depth, shelf at 2' & set of steps (slippery!), no plants, Two 40 watt Smart UV Lite Sterilizers, 12 koi ranging from 12 to 26 inches http://www.youtube.com/user/KoiPondPeppy/videos

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nice, no wonder you wanted to share, and thanks for doing so.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's really awesome! I wish you could picture your koi, I have no doubt they are beautiful!